Guidelines for publishing and moderating comments
Veolia Environnement’s #LivingCircular website uses an external service called Disqus (via the website disqus.com – “the web’s Community of Communities”) for the technical management and publication of comments.
Disqus is a web discussion platform with Single Sign-On (SSO) functionality. It allows users to post comments while relieving websites of the burden of comment management.
User identification and publication of comments
The Disqus service bears sole responsibility for identifying users and publishing comments. These functionalities are subject to the following guidelines:
- The Disqus service enables you at all times to follow your posts and, in particular, to receive notifications of any activity related to them (i.e., if someone replies to or shares your comment).
- By posting a comment, you accept the fact that it is public and available to all (including visitors who are not logged in to Disqus) on the relevant page in #LivingCircular and on Disqus.com, via a search engine.
- You accept that public content submitted as comments may be viewed, copied or reposted using the various features of the Disqus service.
Modernation of comments
Veolia’s #LivingCircular website is responsible for moderating comments. When you post a comment, you must comply with the following rules of netiquette.
- The purpose of commenting is to create an enriching discussion. Be relevant: stay on topic, avoid spreading rumors and erroneous information that is pointless and can be misleading.
- Try to express yourself in a way others will understand. Avoid slang, abbreviations and regionalisms that are not universally known.
- Avoid writing in capital letters. This is the web equivalent of shouting AND IT IS NOT VERY PLEASANT.
- Post your message only once. Repeating yourself will not make you right.
- Bear in mind that the rules that apply on the Internet are the same as the rules of everyday life: it is essential to be courteous and respectful of others.
- You may disagree with an article or another commenter, but mind your language. If you wish to voice a criticism, be sure to explain it clearly and justify your claims, supporting them with links whenever possible.
- Before posting any content, ask yourself, “Do I have the right to share this content?” You agree not to infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties and to refrain from posting any content that is protected by intellectual property rights, without the consent of the rights-holders where required, including copyrighted articles, logos, visuals, and video or audio content.
- More broadly, you agree to avoid posting any content or any links to content that violates applicable laws, regulations or decency. Specifically, you agree not to post data, information or content of a defamatory, injurious, obscene, objectionable or violent nature, or that is an incitement to violence or child pornography, or that is of a political, racist or xenophobic nature, or that commends or justifies crimes against humanity.
- Assume that other readers do not understand irony or tongue-in-cheek humor, neither of which, moreover, would excuse any failure to comply with the previous item.
- Private conversations must remain so: do not repost the content of your conversations without the express consent of the other party.
- Comments will be deleted immediately and without warning if they interfere with the proper conduct of the discussions by presenting advertising ; chain messages; content that violates the law as indicated above; irrelevant, repetitive, vulgar or abusive messages, or aggressive language targeting individuals, particularly the other commenters.
- To protect your own privacy, do not include any personally identifiable information (email, postal address or telephone number) in a comment.
Any breaches of these guidelines may result in your comment being deleted and/or your account being blocked from further participation no matter which account you use to connect. Furthermore, you shall remain criminally liable for the comments and documents you post.
If you feel that a particular comment is in violation of these guidelines, report it by clicking on the small flag to its right. Note that in the event of moderator intervention concerning a comment to which you have replied, your comment may become without object and be moderated in turn.
We reserve the right to change, modify or delete any items of this charter at our discretion and at any time.